Posted on Mar 5th, 2015 in Albums
| 4 comments
Various Artists,Laughing All The Way To The Bank, The Riverside Compilation L.P, 1985
Intensions – Line Design
On The Wheel – Shoot! Dispute
Something That You Said – Hoorah! Boys Hoorah!
Real Girl – Buddy Curtess And The Grasshoppers
Simon Purethought – The Adventures Of Johnny Lovemuscle
Imogen´s Party – The Body Politic
Flag Day – The Housemartins
Here´s To The Good Old Beer – The Blubbery Hellbellies
Over The Hill – The Dogs
Night Out With The Boys – The Rapids
Irene – Tenpole Tudor
There Were Rays Coming Out Of Their Eyes – The Complaints
Snake Hips – The Geisha Girls
Wooden Fish On Wheels – The Cardiacs
The Ring – Fools Dance
Popa Wobler – King Kurt
- “Now´s the chance to wiggle your hips”
- They really should have put this out as a double album rather than cram 16 songs onto a single disc. The sound suffers a little because of this but the songs still shine.
- You will know some of the bands on this compilation (The Blubbery Hellbellies, The Rapids, King Kurt, Hoorah! Boys Hoorah!,The Cardiacs Buddy Curtess And The Grasshoppers,Tenpole Tudor Fools Dance, Geisha Girls and The Housemartins) but others may be new to you.
- The standout track from the whole album is Imogens Party by The Body Politic- I´d love to hear more from this band-
- I also love The Ring by Fools Dance, Shoot! Dispute´s On The Wheel and Something That You Said by Hoorah! Boys Hoorah!.
- Another fave is the fabulously titled There Were Rays Coming Out Of Their Eyes by The Complaints and of course how could you not like Snake Hips which is so X-Ray Spex.
A piece of carpet from the club